Becoming a member of the Greater Columbus Economic Development Corporation can provide terrific benefits for your business. Here’s a look at who we are and the perks of membership:
Who We Are:
The Greater Columbus Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to build a world-class community by enhancing the quality of life, economic opportunity and personal well-being of our citizens.
What We Do:
The Columbus EDC approach is three-fold: (1) We work with existing primary employers to help them grow in Columbus and Bartholomew County, (2) We attract new companies to locate here, and (3) We work with community partners to build on & improve the area’s desirability to businesses and residents.
How We Attract & Expand:
We market the benefits of doing business in Columbus and Bartholomew County to domestic and international audiences. We advertise, attend trade shows, and travel around the globe to meet with prospective companies. We work closely with State and local government to identify beneficial incentive & other programs, and we engage local businesses to help identify expansion opportunities & support.
How We Are Funded:
The majority of our support comes from local businesses who see the value of supporting the attraction and expansion of businesses in our community. A portion of our funding comes from local units of government who benefit from increased tax revenue, job creation, and private investments.
Why Support Us:
Companies recruited with Columbus EDC support today employ 4,390 persons locally and those jobs generate an annual economic output of $1.5 billion, including $283 million in annual household spending. These companies contribute to the local tax base (helping to keep everyone’s taxes lower), and suppliers, service providers, & retail businesses benefit from increased spending.
Our Track Record:
- More than 60 Recruited Companies, directly employing 4,390+ persons today
- Supported 300+ Expansions of 111 unique local companies
- Total Direct Investment: $2.4 Billion
|Platinum||$40,000 or above||All Diamond & Gold Level benefits, PLUS…
• Title sponsorship rights for Annual Meeting
• Highest level of recognition in EDB print and electronic publications
• One additional reserved table of 8 at Annual Meeting (2 total)
• Two bonus registrations for the annual EDB/CJBA golf outing (4 total)
|Diamond||$10,000 - $29,999||All Gold Level benefits, PLUS…
• Prominent recognition on EDB letterhead, website, and other print and electronic communications
• One complimentary reserved table at Annual Meeting
• Two registrations for the annual EDB/CJBA golf outing
|Gold||$7,000 - $9,999||• Full voting membership
• Direct input regarding the EDB’s strategic direction, programs & activities
• Invitation to all Board meetings, End-of-Year Reception, & Annual Meeting
• “First to know” of all pending economic development announcements
We also welcome businesses to participate in an advisory or support level. SILVER advisory team members contribute $3,500 – $6,999 annually and receive a non-voting seat on the board plus invitation to quarterly Board meetings, End-of-Year Reception, & the Annual Meeting. These members also receive early notification of pending economic development announcements. BRONZE supporters (any amount below $3,500) are invited to our End-of-Year Reception, Annual Meeting and will receive other updates throughout the year. At any level, we thank you for your support!