Cost of Living Data
Columbus, Indiana offers a low cost of living – and a high quality of life. This combination makes our town a place you’ll enjoy for a long time.
- Overall: 81.8 vs. 100 U.S.
- Grocery: 94.5 vs 100 U.S.
- Housing: 67.3 vs 100 U.S.
- Utilities: 98.7 vs 100 U.S.
- Health: 83.8 vs 100 U.S.
- Cost of Living: 94 vs 100 U.S. (6% less than U.S. average)
- Goods & Services: 104 vs 100
- Groceries: 96 vs 100
- Health Care: 88 vs 100
- Housing: 82 vs 100
- Transportation: 101 vs 100
- Utilities: 95 vs 100
87.8 vs. 100 U.S. average (12.2% less than U.S. average)
Your Housing Dollar Goes Farther Here
The median home price in Bartholomew County sits around $155,500 versus the U.S. median price of $232,200. That’s about 40% less cost, or put another way, 40% more home for the same money.
If you are relocating to Columbus and Bartholomew County, Indiana, from an “average” or more expensive market, you will find that your housing dollars will stretch much, much further here. If you are in the market for a home, please check our members page for the contact information of knowledgeable local real estate professionals.